Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

United Against the War on Women

Over the past couple of months, I have begun to analyze many events that are happening in the United States, specifically to women. I have seen, in my own opinion, how rights that we have already won are being taken away. For awhile, when I first started to learn about birth control issues, abortion issues, equal pay, and yep! even violence against women, I was enraged! I couldn't understand how our society was moving backwards. I mean I know obviously that women in our society have always had problems with things such as equal pay or negative stereotypes, but I never thought that we would be questioning the rights for women to choose, the right for women to have equal pay, or the right for women who are abused to be protected under the law.
To me all these issues that are occuring right now just seem ridiculous. I don't understand how people can sit there and take these rights away. So after a while of just being enraged, I decided I would start gaining some knowledge on what is really happening. Learning more and hearing from many women around the world about their opinion. By doing all of this, I feel like I am more prepared to fight these issues we face as women. So today, I just wanted to give you some of the resources that I have been using and keep you informed on what is happening. I also decided to put a funny video on here as well about the war on women.

Here are some of the resources I have been using:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/UniteWomen On April 28th there will be a March all around the United States to protest many of the actions that are being taken against women.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/agirlsguidetotakingovertheworld

And here is the video. I'm sorry if it makes fun of Fox News or a specific party, but it does show you some of the things that are occuring right now in our society.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-16-2012/the-battle-for-the-war-on-women

No comments:

Post a Comment